Several Classes of Roses
Roses are among the most popular additions to home landscapes, and the Veterans Memorial Rose Garden at Mississippi State University provides a panorama of traditional and new rose varieties. The garden is located at the Highway 182 entrance to the R. Rodney Foil Plant Science Research Facility. Rose planting at the site began during spring 2006. By fall 2007, construction was complete, and more than 30 rose cultivars were established at the garden.
The Veterans Memorial Rose Garden includes several classes of roses including Hybrid Tea, Grandiflora, Floribunda, Shrub, and Ground Cover.
The Veterans Memorial Rose Garden offers several features such as:
- A Central Gazebo
- Raised-brick Planting Beds Encircling The Gazebo
- Paved Walkways Through The Beds
- An Arched Bridge Connecting The Site To A Visitor Parking Lot
- Three Arbors
- Ornate Brick And Steel Fence
- Americans With Disabilities Act Compliant